John E. Tiedt
- Business transactions
- Business Litigation
- Corporate Collections
- Preventative Law
My practice consists of personal injury and business litigation. My practice is primarily dedicated to litigating cases against dietary supplement companies. I have filed numerous actions against dietary supplement companies who manufacture Ephedrine based products. I have litigated cases against dietary supplement companies in Florida, Louisiana, Wisconsin, Texas, Washington, Tennessee, Arizona and California.
I have served as a consultant to law firms handling claims against dietary supplement companies. I have also served as a consultant for numerous national and local television news programs and news publications concerning dietary supplements such as Ephedrine, Yohimbe, and Chromium Picolinate. I am also a director of Halt Ephedrine Abuse Today, a non-profit organization dedicated to recording adverse event reports concerning Ephedrine adverse reactions as well as the promotion of State and Federal regulation of Ephedrine.
In contrast to my personal injury work, I have been deeply involved with the post production industry in the State of California. I am a member of the Association of Imaging Technology and Sound and I have also served as a speaker for that organization on several occasions. I have represented many post production facilities over the course of my career. I have also served as counsel for visual effects artists. I have 13 years experience in reviewing film contracts involving post production facilities and visual effects artists.
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1987
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: Vincent Dulcimer Award
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- B.A. - 1983
- Major: Public Law
- California, 1988
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1998
Classes and Seminars
- Post Production Contracts, International Teleproduction Society, 2000 to 2001
- American Cancer Society, California Division, Inc., 1998 to 2001
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Pi
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1999 to 2001
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1988 to 1998
- State Bar of California
- California Health Fraud Task Force
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Corona Chamber of Commerce
- Hagenbaugh & Murphy, Associate, 1996 to 1999
- Dummit, Faber & Briegleb, Associate, 1987 to 1996
- American Cancer Society, California Division, Inc.
- Liberty Livewire
- Manex Entertainment, Inc.
- Prime Post, Inc.
- Sunset Post
- Monarch Technology
- LA Digital Post, Inc.